Albert and Mackenzie, LLP’s rating service provides our clients with a thorough, in-depth analysis and assessment of medical-legal reporting. We offer two programs designed to advise clients on permanent disability ratings and provide recommendations to mitigate permanent disability exposure. You receive a detailed analysis and plan of action, to immediately address any issues surrounding a medical-legal report, and make timely decisions on the issuance of benefits.
At Albert and Mackenzie, we understand that every client has unique needs when it comes to assessing permanent disability exposure. That’s why we offer two rating plans to choose from:
Our Basic Rating plan is recommended for those parties who are looking for a quick assessment of their permanent disability exposure based on a single medical-legal report. As part of our Basic rating service, we provide a report that summarizes the following:
- A formal rating per the AMA guides, 5th edition, and permanent disability rating schedule, as applicable to the date of injury.
- An adjustment for the rating after apportionment is identified by the evaluator.
- A limited annotation of any discrepancies with the report and AMA guides, 5th edition in the determination of impairment.
- The corresponding monetary value of any permanent disability, as applicable to the date of injury.
If you are seeking an even more comprehensive assessment of your medical-legal or treating physician reports, our Comprehensive Rating plan is the perfect solution for you. In addition to the Basic plan, we provide an in-depth assessment of your claims based on an evaluator’s diagnosis and findings. This service includes:
- A detailed explanation of the evaluator’s findings, actual and/or prospective ratings, and a supporting explanation based on the AMA guides, fifth edition.
- Identification of any discrepancies involving ratings using an alternative section under the AMA guides.
- A legal assessment of whether the actual rating would be controlling at a hearing before the WCAB.
- Recommendations to combat any deficiencies in the report.